*YOURS* *MINE* *OURS*
BCCS is a non-profit, charitable organization that helps newcomers and long-time residents integrate into Canadian society through knowledge, skills, and other support. We:
- respond to our community’s needs
- promote independence and dignity
- participate in community activities
- operate efficiently, honestly, and openly
- provide a voice to the South Asian community
BCCS is run entirely by volunteers and community partners, with financial support from our donors and government grants for special programs.
SUMMER JOB OPPORTUNITY
BANGLADESH CENTRE AND COMMUNITY SERVICES (BCCS) INVITING STUDENTS
TO APPLY FOR 8 WEEKS CONTRACT POSITION SUMMER JOB
Job Description: Community Outreach Worker-1 (one) ,
Wage Rate: $14.00 per hour
Required hours: 30 hours / week
Duration: 8 weeks between End Junes to August 2018
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- able & willing to do manual or physical works for the centre.
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to pay strict attention to detail.
- Perform general administrative duties as directed by staff.
- Perform other duties, appropriate to the position, as required
- Knowledge to create and operate website.
- Create promotional materials as needed
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge with MS Office (Excel, Word, and Power point)
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Reliable attendance and flexible hours for evening and weekend meetings on occasion.
- Ability to do minor travel as required for meetings and events.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are requested to send their resume and a cover letter to the following address on or before June 15, 2018 by 5:00 PM. either
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In person: BCCS office between 1:00 and 5:00PM
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be communicated.
Funded by Employment and Social Development Canada
We provide basic computer training including Microsoft Office, Excel and internet browsing techniques.
We teach you how to write cover letter, resume writing, effective job search training etc.